One of my favorite treats is chocolate covered fruit. Chocolate covered fruit is a great summertime dessert to make for yourself or to bring to parties. Chocolate covered strawberries are one of my favorites. These delicious berries taste especially delectable when dipped in chocolate and then sprinkled with something sweet.
This past weekend, I made dark chocolate covered strawberries, half sprinkled with coconut flakes, half sprinkled with chopped almonds. Not to toot my own horn but they were FANTASTIC and only 120 calories a pop! Pretty good for something so sugary. So how do you make chocolate covered strawberries? Check out how I made them and try them for yourself!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Dozen Strawberries
- 1 bag of Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 bag of Coconut Flakes
- 1 bag of Sliced Almonds
- Microwavable Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Aluminum Foil or Wax Paper
- Wash and dry strawberries
- Cover cookie sheet with foil or wax paper
- Pour chocolate chips into microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, microwave for another 30 seconds, stir. Continue this until the chocolate chips are completely melted. You MUST stir every 30 seconds or the chocolate will burn.
- Hold strawberry by stem and swirl into the melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes, almond slices, or both onto the chocolate
- Rest completed strawberry on it’s side on cookie sheet
- Once you have completed all the strawberries, place cookie sheet in fridge for 30 minutes.
- 30 minutes later, take out of fridge and ENJOY!
Do these look delicious or what?!